The silicone medical adhesive remover (SMAR) from Aurena Laboratories gently and painlessly removes adhesive products, such as stoma pouches and wound dressings.
The aerosol is free of preservatives, does not sting on application and preserves skin integrity.
It enables repeated removal of devices, even from delicate skin as in the case of epidermolysis bullosa (EB) and other skin diseases. It also reduces anticipatory pain, which translates to less nursing time and better quality of life.
Frequently removing medical adhesive devices from the skin creates untoward effects on the skin, as layer by layer of the stratum corneum (the superficial layer of the skin) is stripped off. The result is a reduced barrier function and inflammation of the skin. This is particularly a problem for stoma patients, among others, who change their device repeatedly during the day.
To prevent skin stripping and to ease removal of medical adhesives from the skin surfaces. Can be used for all ages.
- Removes devices with medical adhesives attached to skin
- Doesn’t sting on application
- Preserves skin integrity when removing adhesive devices
- Non-contact application
- Can be used at any angel
- 36 months shelf life
- Market segments: Professional healthcare and Consumer Healthcare
- Composition: 100% HMDSO
- Product approvals: Registered according to MDR (Medical Device Regulation, 2017/745,Non-sterile version, Class I.)
- Shelf life: 3 years from production date
- Packaging: Standard can sizes are: 50, 100, 125, 150, 200 and 250 ml. Individual carton boxes, with or without leaflets are also available. Pre-printed cans.